Popular Posts

4/07/2012

Review: Urban Decay Naked 2!

This post is way overdue. I've had it in my drafts for a few months now but I've been super busy and unable to blog :/ I figure better late than never!

I'm so happy to be able to do this post - this palette was one I really wanted for quite a while when it came out. I actually don't own the original Naked palette, so I hope no one was expecting me to compare these two products. That aside, I come to you with a (very positive!) review on the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette. I picked this up in Orlando, Florida (to see the blog post haul I did, click here). 
Urban Decay "NAKED 2" - $50 USD, Sephora

First of all, it comes with 12 neutral shadows, a dual-ended brush (which is absolutely amazing), and a small "Lip Junkie" lipgloss in the shade Naked. I'd like to say right off the bat that these shadows are quite pigmented and go on the eyes nicely. The lipgloss is lovely - moisturizing and is a beautiful colour. I've used this palette for quite a bit (I actually put myself on a ban from using it, because I want to finish a few other eyeshadows first). The quality of each shadow is phenomenal.



There are a ton of reviews on this palette out there, and I don't want to go into too much detail about any one shade. However, some of my favorites are "Bootycall" for a highlight or lid colour, "Verve" for a lid colour, and "Pistol" for the crease. These three colours combined make for an amazing, shimmery eye look that is more grey-toned than brown, which I find suits my skin colour much better.

Swatches (R-L): Top - Foxy, Half-Baked, Bootycall, Chopper. Middle - Tease, Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol. Bottom - Verve, YDK, Busted, Blackout.

I do have to say that there are two shadows that I don't like. The first is actually "Half-Baked". It is amazingly pigmented, but I can't see myself using it. It's just a true gold colour, and I prefer cooler, more subtle neutral shades. The other shadow in this palette that didn't make the cut for me was "Foxy" - I know many people have raved about this shadow but I find the pigmentation to be lackluster, and the colour is virtually invisible on my skin. It's actually the exact same colour as my Maybelline Fit Me powder, and has about the same colour payoff.


In all, I think this palette is amazing and totally worth the money. I actually much prefer it to the original Naked palette. I definitely recommend checking this out if you haven't already (considering just how long it has been out for). 

To those reading, which do you prefer - Naked, or Naked 2?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!