Popular Posts

1/30/2012

Nail of the Day - 01/30/12

I have a nail of the day post for you all today - and it's on a particular polish I really love. It's called "Yummy Mummy" from butter London and it's absolutely gorgeous.

I picked up this particular colour from Glymm (a beauty subscription service - they have a beauty boutique). I had enough points to get this for free, minus the shipping, so I figured I may as well try it out. This is actually the only Butter London nail polish I own and I don't plan on buying more considering how incredibly pricey they are. However, the brush is a nice size and the colour is fairly opaque. 


The colour itself is fairly nude, and on skin tones darker than mine I think this would be the perfect nude-but-not-dead-looking polish. It's basically a darker champagne-taupe with the tiniest amount of shimmer (I think it's silver?) in it. This comes off as just a gorgeous sheen on the nails. 

Butter London's "Yummy Mummy", two coats

Another thing that I love about this polish is it's a 3-Free polish. This means that it is free of the chemicals listen on the bottle in the picture below. Though the polishes are pricey, you're paying for something that is better for you and for the environment.


This polish retails for about $18 CAD. Would you consider trying out a more expensive polish like this?

2 comments:

  1. Pretty! I've become obsessed with Butter London nail polishes; they have such unique colors!

    http://www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're gorgeous! I just wish they were less expensive haha :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!