Popular Posts

1/20/2012

Haul - Sigma and Wal-Mart!

Today I have a haul! I got all of these things yesterday from Wal-Mart and I also received my order from Sigma. 

First, I got my package in the mail yesterday with my Sigma brushes in it! I was so excited to receive these since the only foundation brush I have is a flat one, and the only brushes I have are from Costco and Quo. The two brushes that I ordered from Sigma were actually a special deal that they had on for two of the Sigmax brushes. If you're interested in checking out this set, I'll link it here.

This duo is $24 on the Sigma website and I had a 10% off code for January (0112XJML). I got these brushes for about as cheap as they could come and I decided to go ahead and get them instead of putting them off. 

These came packaged really well, in a sort of wine bottle type bag with a little card talking about all of the Sigmax brushes. The two brushes that came in the set were the F84 Angled Top Kabuki and the F82 Round Top Kabuki. These both will be really great for applying foundation. I haven't used either yet, but when I have used them for a bit I might do a review.

Initially, I was very pleased with them (I still am!). These are the softest brushes I own and they feel really well made considering I only paid about $12 for each brush. Compared to MAC, that's wonderful. 

Next I went to Wal-Mart and I picked up a few things. The first thing I decided to try was a Wet n Wild  trio, because I have heard so many fanastic reviews about their eyeshadows. I was debating on the Comfort Zone palette, which has eight mostly neutral eyeshadows in it, but I decided to pass because I figured I would never use the greens that are in that palette.

The trio that I picked up is called "Walking on Eggshells". This was the most neutral palette that was in store and I only ever wear neutral eyeshadows, so I thought this would get a lot of use. 

Let me just say that the pigmentation on this palette is phenomenal. My initial reaction upon swatching this was one of absolute glee - I only paid about $4.50 for this product, and you get quite a lot of eyeshadow in each pan, and they're super well made and pigmented. The bottom colour is a sort of pearly pink, the middle is a shimmery chocolate brown, and the top is a gold-toned white, and they are all gorgeous. I am so pleased with this product and I definitely recommend this brand of eyeshadows.


Lastly, I just picked up some less interesting products. I got two masks from a brand called Freeman, which doesn't test on animals (a major plus). I got a hydrating goji berry one and a peel-off cucumber one. They were each $3.50 so it was a great deal, and I am super excited to work with these and see what they do with my skin.

I also got a dry shampoo spray. Currently I had been using cornstarch mixed with some essential oils (which I swear by! Click here if you want to see how to do it), but I was just in the mood to try something else, and possibly compare it to my cornstarch method. The one that I picked up was the TRESemme Fresh Start Smoothing Dry Shampoo. This is for straight and normal hair and mine is anything but - however, I figured since I straighten my hair so often I needed something that could smooth out any frizz, so I thought this would be a good buy. I looked at the ingredients and this actually  has cornstarch in it, so it should work reasonably well.

That concludes this haul, and thanks for reading. If any of you have tried any of these products then let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I love Sigma brushes,... I really want to get the Synthetic Kabuki Set!! The Wet n Wild palette looks amazing I wish we could get this brand in Ireland <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that set looks so good! Haha but you get brands we don't get in Canada :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!